IT’S A MARATHON.
NOT A SPRINT.
Never before in human history have we been facing faster transformation in the way we live, work and connect to each other. This development driven by digital technologies and their impact on ever faster changing global markets challenge all existing mental models and put businesses at the forefront of a massive challenge.
Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Distributed Computing, Deep Learning, 3D Print, Algorithms, Virtual Reality, Augmentation, Autonomous Driving, Internet of Things, Cognification of Everything
Integration, Adaptation, Culture, Values, Purpose, Global Dependencies, Market Segments, Market Access, Intercultural Competencies, Global Leadership Skills, Ideodiversity
Future Customers, New Markets, Customer Relationship, Cocreation, Crowdsourcing, Complexity, Volatility, Managing Uncertainty, Risk Taking, Strategy, Adaptive Agility
Organizations worldwide have to create powerful innovation strategies for the next decade, become better at managing diversity globally and find ways to prepare their high potentials for increasing volatility and ambiguity.Christoph Burkhardt
- transform the most fundamental elements of our day to day activities and relationship
- empower a new era of global connectivity that allows us to bring more pieces of the puzzle to the table
- enable a diffusion of power and responsibilities by increasing transparency and access to information
- is a major driver in connecting more and more minds to global trends and cultures of innovation
- redefines dependencies of local business activities and driving forces of global cultural shifts
- drives paradigm shifts in the way we define the purpose of why we do what we do
- makes forecasting and strategic planning almost impossible
- demands fast paced adaptation and shorter innovation cycles
- challenges corporate leadership by increasing uncertainty and ambiguity
- challenges the notion of simplified management structures and the illusion of control
Bottlenecks & Paralysis
Current processes of decision making and centralized control lead to decision paralysis. They have evolved for a market environment with less uncertainty.
Linearity & Unknowns
Strategic planning requires forecasts based on linear developments. The level of unknown unknowns in the market make 5 year plans impossible.
Ownership & Legacy
Protectionism makes organizations stick with ideas that no longer meet demands while perfectionism leads to missed market opportunities.
Hiring the right people is getting increasingly more difficult while outsourcing innovation does not lead to better product ideas. What do organizations have to focus on?
Creating strong cultures of innovation.