Don’t even think of changing the game until you get people in the right mindset.
INNOVATION IS NOT ABOUT TECHNOLOGY.
IT’S ABOUT BEING ONE STEP AHEAD.
We live in exciting times. Fast paced change and disruption across industries create a massive challenge to established businesses. And this innovation challenge is about much more than just technology.
Disruptive Digital Technology
- transforms the most fundamental elements of our day to day activities and relationship
- empowers a new era of global connectivity that allows us to bring more pieces of the puzzle to the table
- enables a diffusion of power by increasing transparency and access to information
Global Workforce Diversity
- is a major driver in connecting more and more minds to global trends and cultures of innovation
- redefines dependencies of local business activities and driving forces of global cultural shifts
- drives paradigm shifts in the way we define the purpose of why we do what we do
Increasing Business Complexity
- demands fast paced adaptation of new business practices and shorter innovation cycles
- challenges corporate leadership and strategic planning by increasing uncertainty and ambiguity
- turns oversimplification into a dangerous strategy and makes the illusion of control all too visible
THINK EVOLUTION. NOT REVOLUTION.
These emerging paradigm shifts push organizations all over the world to dramatically increase their efforts to innovate effectively. Yet, when it comes to creating new products, services or rethinking business models many of these efforts do not result in the effects intended. Innovation projects fail because of four distinct reasons:
There is a lack of how-to knowledge when it comes to the execution of innovation projects. The specifics of projects under uncertainty require a different set of leadership skills to align innovation strategy with the existing brand of the organization.
The organizational culture and the way business is being done does not support the necessary ambiguity and unpredictability of change and innovation. Accountability often is a huge challenge.
Decision making is slow and driven by the unrealistic dream of complete information which results in decision paralysis, a phenomenon which almost all organizations face at some point and which only increases with the size of the company.
The missing link between innovation drivers, the innovators in the organization, and the rest of the organization leads to massive resistance and kills many promising innovation projects at an early stage.
“I believe in strong brands and growing businesses based on purpose-driven innovation. I love working with game changers and business leaders who are willing to take their strategy to the next level and go the extra mile towards a better future.”Christoph Burkhardt
We need to rethink Innovation Leadership and develop more adaptive strategies, cultures of innovation and a global mindset.
Innovation needs a system, a strategic framework and corporate commitment.
Innovation needs clarity, transparency and trust. Leaders need to live these standards.
Innovation needs a high performance culture with a bias towards action versus planning.
Christoph and his team bridge the gap between the most recent research on innovation from Behavioral Economics and Cognitive Psychology to the everyday practice in organizations around the globe.
As Vice President, Innovation Leadership with the San Francisco based leadership agency PLOT Inc, Christoph offers three distinct immersion programs to take innovator capabilities to the next level.